How To Spot A Fake CHI
How To Spot A Fake Chi Flat Iron!
The counterfeit industry has become a booming business from fake name brand products to knockoff electronics. Many of these knock-offs are coming out of China, but some are also being produced in places like Canada. This has become a huge problem for CHI flat irons because the fakes look very similar to the originals.
It may be easy to spot the fake if you have it side by side with a real one, but most of us don’t have that luxury. There are certain things to look for to make sure that your CHI is authentic and not just a cheap fake chi iron.
Why You Don’t Want A Fake CHI
You might be thinking “if the fake chi looks so similar to the original, and I can get it for half the price, maybe it will work good enough”? Well, that would be a big mistake because the manufacturers of these knockoffs are only concerned with imitation, not quality. What they do is use the cheapest parts possible, which is a recipe for disaster.
Many of these fake CHI’s have fake ceramic, peeling paint, faulty wires and far less power than the originals. You will get what you pay for and probably end up throwing it away! So then, where to buy CHI? Check out the link below if you are looking for an authentic CHI flat iron from a trusted seller at a great price with free shipping…
Tips On How To Spot A Fake CHI Flat Iron
- The #1 thing to remember is: If it sounds too good to be true, then it IS! Never buy a CHI product for the lowest possible price. You can almost be guaranteed to buy a fake if you are looking for the cheapest possible price.
- Beware of auction sites and untrusted online stores that are selling fake CHI products at cheap prices. Also remember that these fakes are also being sold in many brick and mortar stores as well. There are hundreds of thousands of fake Chi products being circulated and sold throughout the United States.
If you already have a CHI and you think it might be fake, here is how you can tell:
- Take a look at the cord and plug. A real Chi iron will have a 3 pronged plug with a reset button. If your CHI only has 2 prongs then unfortunately, you probably have a fake chi. There are a couple of CHI irons that only have 2 prongs, but most of them have 3.
- Look for any stickers on the CHI iron. Authentic Chi’s do not have any stickers. Sometimes the fakes have a silver looking sticker next to the on/off switch. In addition, take a close look at the logos, if they look weird or off-center then you probably have a knockoff.
- Next, look at the handle and make sure that there is electrical information (wattage) embedded in the handle. All authentic CHI irons have this information embedded in the handle.
- Take a look at the manual. Inside there should be a legitimate customer service telephone number that you can call for support. This is probably the best way to determine if your CHI is fake or not. All you have to do is call the customer support number and give them the model number on your product. They will quickly be able to tell you if your CHI flat iron is authentic or not.
- If you still aren’t sure, look at the LED light on the iron. When the iron is off, the LED light should be a clear color rather than red. The fake chi irons have a cheap LED light that is red in both the on and off position.
- Finally, check to see if there is any information embedded in the handle near the on/off switch. The real CHI irons will have this information and the knockoffs typically will not, or they will have a sticker instead.
The bottom line is, if you want a real CHI product, then you need to make sure that you buy from a trusted and authorized Chi dealer. Why risk getting a fake when you will only save about $30 anyways. The best place that I have found to buy CHI products is Folica.com. They are the largest and most trusted site in the world for haircare products on the internet. They guarantee that all of their products are 100% authentic and they also have the best prices because they are so big. They also offer FREE shipping on most of their products. It’s really a no brainer if you are looking for authentic CHI at a great price.